Thursday, June 21, 2007

Santiago, Rancagua, Peredones, Lolol

We took a ridiculously comfortable bus ride from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago for 23 hours. It felt like 5. Unfortunately, to get on the bus we had to chase it for an hour in a taxi. Again.

Anyways, to keep it short, we got to Santiago and met up with my uncle, who showed us the city (Awesome architecture, way more civilized than Bolivia). We stayed with him for almost a week, relaxing, eating, working with clay (his girlfriend is an awesome artist and she has a totally sweet studio), drinking wine and seeing more family. The wines here are amazing, and I already have some favourites that I want to take home. After all that we travelled to the country south of Santiago, to Peredones to hang out with my grandparents for a while. That was predictably relaxed. We tried some seafood at a nearby town which was one of the better meals I´ve had on the trip, and we played a lot of cards while it rained. Good times. My grandfather is HUGE. He has the deepest voice I´ve ever hear, literally.

Moving on. We then came to my Aunt and Uncle`s farm in Lolol. We´ve just been relaxing here, driving around checking some of the surrounding towns out. The country around here is beautiful, nice surroundings. Tons of vineyards, we are going to taste some wine tomorrow. I love Chilean wine. Will report back when we get back to Santiago tomorrow.

Ron

No comments: